TRANSLATOR

Indigo Awareness Ribbon

Indigo Awareness Ribbon

Blog DISCLAIMERS

Please be advised that this written work is theory. It's theorizing, pondering and amateur research. For legal reasons I state that I have no actual belief in these theories as fact, if I did I would have sought legal recourse. Until that occurs this blog can only be considered theory. If it does then any and all actions PAST AND FUTURE that have been taken against me during the years producing this work will be labeled war crimes under international law and any other legal protections that apply.
I am a writer, an activist and artist. I claim my RIGHT TO EXIST legally under US Constitution and international law.

This is an educational blog for awareness as well as sometimes a telling of candid personal experiences to demonstrate theories as they might be experienced by a person who theoretically is existing under such conditions. Thus the 'candid' expression, poetic license and marketing myself as product or character. This is NOT a journal or diary.
Being a reasonable person of sound mind if I had concerns for my safety or others I would take responsible action for self care as my established medical history can demonstrate.
Any actions taken against me by others questioning my sanity or competence based on my produced work will be construed as activist/dissident intimidation and whistle blower retaliation and proper legal action will be taken against you by my family and support system.

Be warned that no further interference with my production of meaningful work as an artist and activist will be tolerated.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Book: White Slave by Fanny Howe

I found a book in the shelter called White Slave and it's by Fanny Howe.
Peter is an illegitimate white child that they have given to a slave woman to raise after selfishly murdering her child.

Back cover: "Feared by his masters for the defiance in his blue eyes
worshipped by women for his quiet strength, respected by white and black men alike, golden haired Peter M. was to pay with a lifetime of slavery for his mother's
forbidden first love."
Now if you haven't gotten to know me by now u realize that lovestory schlock is not exactly my kind of book. What got me is it's "Based on an astonishing true story".

Here is one of the pages...Peter's plantation owner has taken him as companion on a foot racihng tour. There is an abusive slave overseer Morgan. The master says this: "People like Morgan, they're worse than you folks. Mean, money grubbing trash. No humility. No class. Slaves and aristocrats, like myself have one thing in common.We know what we are. People like Morgan think they can move up the social scale just by making money. But give them some money, and you'll see they're garbage then, just like they always were."

I think I like this book...intently.

There is a great few lines about his growing up:
"He was at a critical point in his life, a natural age for rebellion and an equally natural age for giving up, folding in, becoming obedient to fate. His parents were obedient and lived rich internal lives to counterbalance the paucity outside. They were not fools. They had chosen survival and a secret life over a life of combat and risk.
But Peter watched the other children around him changing form mischievous, imaginative, ebullient, outspoken individuals into wholly different shapes. Their postures sank, their features dulled, their colors grew ashy like flowers crushed in a dust storm. The only thing that could be said for the transformation was that it was total and communal. None of the other children entered adolescences alone, as her was. And they had their families, love and approval, as they lost the easy passions of early youth.
Peter could not imagine his rage passing away, for there was nothing at the end to assure him of a supportive society. He was beginning to enjoy fantasies of flight, a sudden leap into the unknown, a place where he could be accepted and admired. That place, though, would be solely populated by white people, who were as strange to Peter as he was to his fellow slaves. "

Its just like what is happening to TI's everywhere.
They are destroying alot of artists and eccentric people or people who are a threat to those around them who cannot excel as they would.
None of us, I assume, ever has the promise of a place in a supportive society. We are always going to live under duress.
Feared by his masters by the defiance in his eyes....

This also illustrates that no book or peice of work is valueless and someone may use it someday for some other purpose. If you are thinking of giving on producing an artwork becuz of perp interference or no one will care just do it anyway. It may end up where you least expect.

Transfer your message.

1 comment:

  1. That book sounds pretty good actually hahah. Maybe you can borrow it for your personal collection. ;)
    You are right about creating, I think all creative TI's should just go for it. Ive got some music equipment I need to order for recording, and also I plan on doing some drawings again. Ialways wanted to do some screenwriting, maybe an low budget indie film...but that will have to wait for now. The worst thing is they destroy your self confidence, which is a big factor in creating at your full potential. Especially when performing, improvising live.

    ReplyDelete